Boilers are sometimes seen as “old fashioned” when it comes to heating a home—which is a bit strange since furnaces are actually a much older type of heater. Boilers are still an excellent way to provide your house with winter warmth, and in many cases a boiler might be the number one choice for you. For more information on boiler installation in Shelton, CT and throughout Fairfield and New Haven Counties, contact Celco Heating and Air Conditioning today.
Some benefits from installing a boiler
Boilers have a number of advantages that may give them the edge when it comes to choosing new heating installation. Here are a few:
- Even, efficient heat: One of the problems with heating that both furnaces and heat pumps encounter is that they do not evenly spread heat through rooms. The heated air blows out of vents and then drifts to the top of a room where it gathers. But boilers use radiant heat coming from radiators or baseboard heaters, which create a fast and even distribution of heat through a room. Baseboard heaters, which combine radiant heat and a convection current, are especially fast and effective at delivering warmth.
- Longevity: Few home heating systems have the lifespan possibilities of a boiler. They have only a few mechanical parts that can wear down over time, so a boiler can easily make it past 20 years of service if it receives the proper care.
- Low repair needs: Linked to their small number of moving parts, boilers usually have fewer repair problems that will require calling for professionals. A properly maintained boiler should give you many years of pleasing and problem-free warmth.
- Clean heat: Unlike furnaces and standard heat pumps, a boiler does not use ductwork to send heated air to the rooms. This means that a boiler will not pick up dust and dirt contamination. The radiant heat that comes from baseboard heaters and cast iron radiators is clean and won’t lower your indoor air quality. This is especially beneficial if you have people in your home who suffer from allergies or asthma.
- Quiet operation: If you are tired of noisy, rattling furnaces, a boiler will be a great relief, since it will make hardly any noise at all.
- Flexible energy source: Boilers can run from different energy sources: natural gas, electricity, oil. No matter your home’s available power and your budget, there’s a boiler to fit it.
Although boilers make excellent options for home heating, they still are not ideal for every household. We have almost 40 years of experience installing all kinds of heating systems in homes, and we will help you find the solution to efficiently and effectively keep your household cozy through this winter and many to come.
Before you decide on a new boiler installation in Shelton, CT, contact the home heating experts at Celco Heating and Air Conditioning. You’ll be glad you did!