If your home uses ductwork to deliver the warm air from your heating system, you know how important having an efficient, reliable ductwork system is to your home. But it can be hard to tell when your ductwork needs help because the vast majority of it resides behind walls, ceilings and floors. Being aware of the signs of faulty ductwork is important, and your Celco Heating and Air Conditioning expert will be able to determine which duct service will best remedy any issues you are experiencing with your ductwork. (more…)
Posts Tagged ‘Duct Repair’
You know that your whole home air conditioning system in Westport, CT, has a number of components to it, but it also has another system attached to it that is often forgotten about: the ductwork. While there aren’t any moving parts to your ductwork, it is a very important part of the overall system because it serves as the delivery route for all of your cool air. However, if your ductwork isn’t in good shape, neither will your cooling be. Because ductwork is hidden behind walls and ceilings, it can be tough to see when problems have developed. This is why it’s important to be aware of certain signs that can indicate your ductwork system needs repair. (more…)
Your ductwork is an integral part of your air conditioning system, but it is also the most overlooked because it isn’t visible. Faulty ductwork can be highly inefficient, which is why it’s important for your ductwork to be in good shape. Duct repair in Shelton, CT can help keep your ductwork healthy and efficient, but to truly reap the benefits of ductwork repair, it should always be handled by a professional. Celco Heating and Air Conditioning has been repairing ductwork since 1976, so we bring almost 40 years of knowledge and experience to every job we do.
Is It Time for Duct Repair?
There are some common signs it may be time for duct repair in your home:
- Consistent whistling noises – do you hear whistling noises coming through the vents every time your AC delivers air? This can indicate leaks in the ductwork through which air is seeping.
- Uneven cooling – are there hot and cold areas in your home? Are there rooms that seem to receive less air than others? When certain ducts have cracks, holes and disconnections, the air flow is interrupted and can create uneven cooling in your home.
- Unpleasant odors – musty smells coming from your ductwork can indicate the presence of mold and/or mildew growth in the ducts. Mold and mildew aren’t just stinky, they can be very unhealthy for the people in your home.
- Excess humidity – have you noticed that the moisture level in your home has increased? Air from the outside can enter your air flow due to the cracks and holes in the vent work, and get delivered right into your living spaces.
- High energy bills – air loss is one of the biggest problems with faulty ductwork. It is estimated that you can lose up to 30% of your air just from faulty ducts. This puts stress on your air conditioner as it has to make up for that loss, and does so by using more energy.
If you are seeing the signs of faulty ductwork in your home, it may be time to call Celco Heating and Air Conditioning for duct repair in Shelton, CT. Call us today and schedule an appointment.