In our last blog post, we discussed the replacement of your heating system. Today, we are going to talk about replacing your air conditioner. Now, we know what you’re thinking. It’s still way too chilly to be running your AC in this area, and will be for some time. That’s precisely the point, though. Replacing your air conditioner before you really need it is preferable to waiting until the last minute, and for a number of reasons.
Obviously you aren’t going to want to replace a relatively new air conditioner that is working just fine, but there are plenty of instances in which even an AC functioning reliably may be replaced with good reason. Keep the following in mind, and remember to schedule your air conditioning replacement in Fairfield, CT with us. We’ll make sure that you are 100% satisfied with the results.
When to Replace
The big question that we get asked when it comes to air conditioner replacements is simply “when should I replace my system.” While logic may dictate that you run your existing system into the ground and only replace it once it’s broken down entirely, the fact is that you really don’t want to wait for a complete breakdown. Doing so can leave you without a functional cooling system during the hottest time of the year. That is why you should keep a few different factors in mind.
- The age of your system is a big one. Is your system creeping up on the projected end of its lifespan? has it already passed this point? If so, letting it go out on a high note makes a lot of sense.
- The reliability of your system is also worth considering. Do you schedule routine maintenance, only to run into operational problems with your system regularly? If so, replacing with a more reliable system may be your best option.
- The design of your system and your satisfaction with that design is also important. If you simply want to try something new and cool your home in a different way, we can help you to choose your ideal new AC.
If you have indeed decided to replace your air conditioner, here are few more considerations to keep in mind.
- Efficiency. You want the most efficient system that you can comfortably afford. Cooling systems are rated with a SEER (seasonal energy efficiency rating.
- Time frame. If you are planning on replacing your air conditioner, don’t wait until the hot weather arrives. Technicians are busier, and you may be putting your comfort at risk by pushing your luck with your existing AC.
- Options. As mentioned above, you should be 100% satisfied with your air conditioner. That may mean investing in a different type of system than you’ve been using. There is no “perfect” AC for everyone. There is one that will best suit your preferences, though.
Whatever questions you may have, be sure to dial our number to ask them. Celco Heating and Air Conditioning will help you to cool your home successfully this summer, and many more to come.