Your air conditioner can’t wave a white flag when it’s ready to give up, but it will display signs that its tenure is at an end. Summer is obviously not the best time for a new air conditioning installation in New Haven, but it does happen. What are some of the signs you should be looking for? Here is a short list our Celco Heating and Air Conditioning technicians have put together to help you:
- Frequent repairs – we love our customers, but are we seeing you too much? Frequent repairs are not only inconvenient, they can add up to be quite costly. In fact, they can sometimes add up to the cost of a new system. If this is the case with your AC, it may be time to look at purchasing a new system.
- Age – is your air conditioner more than 10 years old? If so, you may be losing out on energy efficiency. It’s estimated that today’s air conditioners are as much as 60% more efficient than models from just 10 years ago, a difference that could save you money in monthly utility bills.
- Decreased cooling – aging air conditioners can lose the ability to keep up with your home’s cooling demand. Sometimes this becomes evident as hot-and-cold spots throughout your home, or your AC just doesn’t cool as well as it once did. Pushing an aging air conditioner only accelerates the chances of breakdown, so if your air conditioner isn’t cooling properly, it may be time to look at one that can.
- Costly repairs – costly repairs add up faster than smaller, frequent repairs, putting a dent in your wallet and monthly budget very quickly. At some point, you may have to weigh whether or not it’s worth your time and money to make a costly repair, or smarter to replace your existing unit.
- Your system uses R-22 (Freon) – R-22, better known as Freon, is being phased out by the government, and by 2020 will no longer be available. While Freon is no longer used in the manufacturing of air conditioners, it is available for repairs – but the cost has skyrocketed. R-22 cannot be replaced with the more environmentally-friendly R-410A, so if you have a system that needs R-22, replacement is inevitable.
Are you seeing the signs for the possible replacement of your air conditioner?
If so, don’t let just anyone handle your air conditioning installation in New Haven. Since 1976, Celco Heating and Air Conditioning has helped New Haven customers with AC installation, and we can help you, too. Call us today!