Your ductwork is an integral part of your air conditioning system, but it is also the most overlooked because it isn’t visible. Faulty ductwork can be highly inefficient, which is why it’s important for your ductwork to be in good shape. Duct repair in Shelton, CT can help keep your ductwork healthy and efficient, but to truly reap the benefits of ductwork repair, it should always be handled by a professional. Celco Heating and Air Conditioning has been repairing ductwork since 1976, so we bring almost 40 years of knowledge and experience to every job we do.
Is It Time for Duct Repair?
There are some common signs it may be time for duct repair in your home:
- Consistent whistling noises – do you hear whistling noises coming through the vents every time your AC delivers air? This can indicate leaks in the ductwork through which air is seeping.
- Uneven cooling – are there hot and cold areas in your home? Are there rooms that seem to receive less air than others? When certain ducts have cracks, holes and disconnections, the air flow is interrupted and can create uneven cooling in your home.
- Unpleasant odors – musty smells coming from your ductwork can indicate the presence of mold and/or mildew growth in the ducts. Mold and mildew aren’t just stinky, they can be very unhealthy for the people in your home.
- Excess humidity – have you noticed that the moisture level in your home has increased? Air from the outside can enter your air flow due to the cracks and holes in the vent work, and get delivered right into your living spaces.
- High energy bills – air loss is one of the biggest problems with faulty ductwork. It is estimated that you can lose up to 30% of your air just from faulty ducts. This puts stress on your air conditioner as it has to make up for that loss, and does so by using more energy.
If you are seeing the signs of faulty ductwork in your home, it may be time to call Celco Heating and Air Conditioning for duct repair in Shelton, CT. Call us today and schedule an appointment.