The hot water heater in your home is arguably one of the most important appliances that you have. Not only does it allow you to take comfortable showers, but it also helps you sanitize your clothing and dishes. If you aren’t getting enough hot water it can be a huge inconvenience. This is a very common issue that usually requires the help of a professional New Haven, CT hot water heater contractor. There are a few different causes for this issue that we’ve discussed below. Give us a call here at Celco Heating and Air Conditioning if your tank or tankless water heater is causing any issues.
New Haven, CT Hot Water Heater Repair: Insufficient Hot Water
If your water heater isn’t producing enough hot water here are a few of the possible causes.
- Water heater too small – If you aren’t getting enough hot water it could just be that you don’t have a big enough water heater. If this is the case, a likely solution is that you need to replace your water heater with a new, larger one. The New Haven, CT hot water heater experts at Celco Heating and Air Conditioning can help you determine exactly what size of water heater you need.
- Sediment – Another possible cause could be that you have excess minerals or sediment built up on the bottom of your water heater. If your home has hard water it could be that the extra minerals have been deposited on the bottom of your water heater and are now preventing the heat from getting into the water. This problem may be accompanied by a rumbling or boiling sound from your water heater.
- Dirty burner – If you haven’t properly maintained your water it could be that the burner is clogged and dirty. This might mean that part of the burner isn’t lit and you aren’t getting enough heat into the water heater.
- Broken dip tube – In order to add new cold water, your water heater has a long tube that runs from the top of tank down to the bottom called the dip tube. This makes sure that the cold water doesn’t enter the tank at the top where all the hot water naturally collects. But if your dip tube comes loose it means that cold water is rushing into the top of the tank and cooling the hot water.
- Tankless systems – If your tankless water heater isn’t producing enough hot water it could be that you’re putting too much demand on it. While tankless water heaters offer a number of tremendous benefits, they can start to fall short in homes that have a high demand for hot water. In these cases, multiple tankless water heaters will be necessary to meet the demand.
If your water heater is leaking, if it is rusty or if it isn’t producing enough hot water, just call the New Haven, CT hot water heater pros at Celco Heating and Air Conditioning.