Heating oil used to be the standard fuel source for keeping one’s home warm and cozy throughout the coldest time of the year. Times and practices change, though. Today, many homeowners far prefer the use of natural gas when heating their homes. Just because you currently have an oil heating system set up in your home does not mean that you cannot make the switch over to natural gas.
We offer oil to gas conversions in Westport, CT that can help you to take advantage of the many benefits that natural gas has to offer. Whenever you take on a project of this scope — not only replacing your heating equipment, but outfitting your home for the use of a completely fuel — you need to know that you are working with professionals that will do the job right. When you hire us, you need have no doubt about it.
What’s the Difference?
First things first, you have to understand that there is a huge difference between natural gas and heating oil. Now, most heating systems can accommodate either fuel. There are models of furnaces and boilers that use natural gas, and their are models of each that use oil. The point of switching from oil to natural gas is not so much about changing the type of system that you use to heat your home, then. So why bother?
The short answer is that natural gas offers homeowners a number of benefits that oil cannot contend with. While an oil to gas conversion is a sizable job that is going to require professional service, the fact is that it is well worth the investment in most cases. As always, it is up to you to decide if the benefits of switching to natural gas make a conversion the right choice for your home.
Benefits of Natural Gas
Oil can certainly be used to effectively heat one’s home. In many ways, though, it can’t compare to what natural gas brings to the table. Consider the following benefits of switching to natural gas.
- Natural gas is a fossil fuel. However, when compared to other fossil fuels, including oil, it is quite clean-burning. The combustion process of natural gas really limits the byproducts produced in its combustion. That makes natural gas a more environmentally sound option for heating fuel.
- In addition to environmental benefits, natural gas’ clean burning helps to protect your heating equipment itself. There is far less concern with soot and other buildups on the equipment.
- Convenience plays a major role in most homeowners’ decision to switch to natural gas. With natural gas, there is no need for on-site storage or scheduled fuel deliveries. The gas is simply piped directly into your home and to the systems using it.
- This delivery method also means that multiple appliances can take advantage of your natural gas supply. These include water heaters, ovens/ranges, and even clothes dryers.
- Natural gas, while a combustible gas, is also quite safe to use in your home. Should a leak develop, the odor added to natural gas — that sulfuric, rotten egg smell — can alert you to its presence. Professional services greatly limit the risk of running into such leaks, though.
Schedule your oil to gas conversion with Celco Heating and Air Conditioning.